Ignite is a unique speaking event where a series of speakers get on stage for five minutes each to share a Spark. A Spark is a 5-minute talk that consists of 20 slides. Each slide is on a 15-second auto-advance. Ready or not, the next slide is on the way!
Each Spark is designed to educate and entertain. You, the attendees of CardCon, vote and choose who gets on stage! Each speaker learns the rules, submits a topic, and then you vote for your favorites. The top voted speakers make it on the CardCon stage for Ignite! But the real winners are those who show up and enjoy the sparks 🙂 – at CardCon.
Speakers must adhere to the following rules:
- You are attending CardCon.
- Your topic teaches something of value.
- Your topic is above the belt.
- You have shown that you are prepared for your presentations (not missed the deadlines, blown off emails).
- Your topic is an original presentation (you can’t repeat something you have done before).
- Your presentation does not include video. Only static slides with text and images are allowed.
- You do not pitch/promote your business.
What is an Ignite Spark Like?
Ignite CardCon is organized and produced by Eric Rosenberg, a freelance finance writer and the blogger and podcaster behind Personal Profitability. As long as the speaker follows the rules, anything goes! Here is a talk by Eric Rosenberg at Ignite FinCon in New Orleans, Louisiana.
This is far from the only Ignite event. It is a worldwide movement! Check out many more Ignite talks at IgniteTalks.io.
For 2020, Ignite CardCon takes place at CardCon Online! Check your schedule for details.